1. Find someone in your target market that either publishes an ezine or has a website. Ask them if they would like to join your affiliate program and promote your offers in their ezine, or on their site. In return, you’ll give them the product at no charge, and if you have an ezine or website, offer to promote something for them. Remember to make it an irresistible offer for them!
2. Use your own visitors and subscribers. Give them something free that has some sort of small advertisement of yours on or in it. It doesn’t have to be a flashing sign. Just a subtle ad with your URL or subscribe email placed somewhere visible. By using this method you could have your little ad all over your entire market! It takes a snowflake to start a snowball! Your visitors and subscribers will be happy to get something for free, and they’ll be even happier that it doesn’t have ads ALL over it. DON’T get greedy. Give a little and get a lot! Find someone else in your market that does the same thing. Offer to give their “give aways” out if in return they give your “give aways” out.
3. If you can’t beat ’em… Join ’em! Round up several others in your market who you think there would be a mutual benefit to partner with. Have a “Joint Venture team”. Your team could pool your resources and beat the “big guys” in your market. Those in your “Joint Venture team” could cross promote each other’s products, services, and/or programs also!
4. Find 5, 10 or however many ezine publishers who are in your target market. Offer them all discounts to their subscribers on your offer. Give them your product for free also. Let them know that you are partnering with other ezine publishers for your discounted offer, and that you will give the ezine publisher who produces the most result a bonus. Just make sure your bonus is GOOD! Make it something unique and semi-personal. I’ve always thought when rewarding someone I do business with that I shouldn’t give them a “business gift”. Try giving a semi-personal personal gift. You may not really know that person, but there are sites online that will tell you the gifts women like and the gifts men like. Use those sites to find semi-personal gifts. (*Please note that this does say semi-personal. Business is business, so make sure your gift/bonus is appropriate.)
5. I saw a site the other day at: ThankYouAds.com This is a WONDERFUL idea. The basics of the concept are placing other people’s ads on your Thank You page. What a great time to send your customer off to your most trusted JV partner while the customer still has their credit card out! You’ll want to be careful when doing this though. Make sure you’ve already sold that customer all that you can before passing them to your Joint Venture partner.
6. Contests are a WONDERFUL way to market, and you can conduct them for any type of market. Contact an ezine publisher or website owner in your market. Offer to hold a contest giving away an item or items you are offering. In return for this, ask that they run your ad, or place your ad on their website. If it’s a really good contest, ask that they run your solo ad, or put your ad in a very prominent spot on their site. Another way to use contests is by doing a “contest swap”. Let them know you’ll promote their contest if they promote yours. If they don’t have one offer to come up with one for them. Explain the benefits behind having a contest. Offer to have one for them. Let them know you’ll donate the prize (it doesn’t have to be anything really expensive) if they would like, and show them how to set it up. This is relationship building at its best. The next time you approach that person with a JV they will trust you because you were willing to go out of your way to help them.